Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why am I running for re-election to the Board of Selectmen?

I'm running for re-election to the Burlington Board of Selectmen. Doing my part to keep Burlington a great place to live is why I am inspired to run again.

In 1959, I moved to Burlington with my parents and siblings. Shortly after getting married, I moved to my current residence on Lisa Street. My wife, Mary, and I raised 3 sons who attended Burlington schools K-12. In a few years, my youngest grandchild will enter Burlington schools. I was involved in Burlington Youth Soccer for 12 years and coached little league. Most recently, I’m a volunteer for People Helping People & the Burlington Food Pantry.

I want to make sure our town remains fiscally and structurally stable, which is why I’m committed to making sure our tax revenue goes into long-term investments, such as the Forced Sewer Main infrastructure project, expansion of the Pine Haven cemetery, and new/remodeled schools. I continue to be an advocate for open space and protection of
the Land Locked Forest. I support smart development that converts low tax-revenue properties into tax-generating properties for our town yet does not cause a toll on our resources and traffic.

As a member of the board over the last three years, I’m proud to have served the residents and made a difference. The Board of Selectmen is a part time job that requires a full time commitment and I see it as one of the ways I can give back to this town I enjoy so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment