Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Committed to the job

I believe the most challenging aspect of serving as a member of the
Board of Selectmen is balancing decisions to satisfy the residents,
employees and business community. I’m committed to ensuring our
residents continue to have the town services we are used to, a
comfortable low tax rate, and low water & sewer rates. At the same
time, I know that the commercial sector pays 65% of the tax revenue
that funds these services as well as the many infrastructure or
projects, new schools, etc. The Board of Selectmen must be very
selective in choosing what commercial development occurs in our town
to balance increasing the tax revenue as much as possible without
having a negative impact on our community. As a business owner, I know
that the income stream and cash in the bank is vital. Burlington has
$7.5 million in cash and an AAA credit rating. I have worked hard to
achieve this financial balance by being a fiscal conservative and
voting to spend our budget on continuing our town services along with
long-term infrastructure projects.

In my last three years proudly serving as a member of the Board of
Selectmen, I know first-hand that this job requires a full time
commitment. Part of the job I enjoy most is talking to residents about
their issues & needs and helping to resolve them. As always, I welcome
phone calls and emails (danditucci@yahoo.com) anytime from Burlington
residents to discuss issues and matters for our town.

No comments:

Post a Comment