Sunday, April 6, 2008

26 Votes

The election is now over, and Garry Gianino will start his 6th term as a member of the Board of Selectmen. Although we lost by only 26 votes, I am pleased we won 4 of the 6 precincts. Virginia Mooney came in third with 259 votes and also lost her bid for a seat on Town Meeting. On Monday, we will formally ask the town for a recount, which is standard procedure for an election this close. Approx 25 years ago, there was a School Committee seat that was decided by 6 votes. We do not know if a Board of Selectmen's race was ever this close.

Thank you to all my supporters, especially those who volunteered to hold signs with me and those I met when going door to door. A special thanks to Cindy Gilpin, my campaign manager, and Rose Manni, co-chair. I also want to thank Dan Raske for building and distributing the many signs we had around Burlington. Finally, thank you to everyone who got out there and voted. With a margin as slim as 26 votes, it is clear that every vote does count.

I look forward to continuing to serve the Town of Burlington as a Town Meeting Member (Precinct 6) and Ways and Means Committee member. I will continue to post to the blog on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment