Sunday, April 20, 2008

Feedback

It has been two weeks since the 2008 Burlington town election. I must
admit, it took me 10 days to recover from the physical stress of the
campaign. (Three to four hours of sign holding a day plus walking
around the neighborhoods of Burlington knocking on doors served as a
good workout.) Although I came in second by 26 votes, I was not
disappointed with our campaign strategy. We had a great group of
supporters, many who were never involved in politics at the town
level. Having such dedicated supporters made the campaign very
rewarding. A day does not go by without someone asking me about the
election. Some people who did not closely follow the election tell me
they are surprised to hear that I came in second. Most people ask if I
am planning to run again next year. Well, the recount is this Tuesday,
4/21. Let's get through that first and finally put the 2008 election
behind us. I'm happy to be back to the gym and playing golf. I played
Tewksbury Country Club this past Thursday and Billerica Country Club
on Friday afternoon. The weather is great and winter is over so it's a
victory for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment