Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Truth

Less than 48 hours left until judgment day. The election is this Saturday, April 5th from 8am-8pm. The opposition is now spreading the trash talk. One rumor being spread is that I want to privatize the ambulance and remove it from the Fire Department. The Fire Department is doing an outstanding job. Why would I want to privatize this service? Next rumor: I’m going to remove the DPW from the town service. Our infrastructure is in tough shape but, if we did that, who will maintain the water, sewer, and roads? These rumors are being spread around Burlington for the purpose of making people afraid to vote for me, Dan DiTucci. These rumors are simply untrue.

Tonight, I started to receive phone calls. Turns out that my opponent sent a mailing to some residents with a list of people who endorse his campaign. The calls I received were from people on that list. Each caller told me that they did not authorize their name to be on that list and wanted to assure me that I had their support. By the way, if your name happens to appear on that list and you did not authorize it, don’t worry about it. I see the game going on here.

Situations like this are exactly why my promise to the voters is “HONEST GOVERNMENT.” As always, I’m happy to speak further on this. I’ve been thrilled to receive emails and phone calls from voters. Keep them coming. Most important, please get out and vote this Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Dan: It's great to see you stick up for yourself. Your ability to stay strong under pressure proves you're the person for this job.

    On Saturday, the incumbent will see that there are more concerned citizens than "connected townies" living in Burlington.

    ReplyDelete