Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nine days away

This morning I held signs at the intersection of Cambridge and Bedford Street. I blew-off sign holding this afternoon so I could knock on doors. (Thank you to my friends, family, and supporters who were out there in the cold holding Dan DiTucci signs.) I started at 3pm and worked my way down Fox Hill, Vincent, and Donald roads. My announcement of candidacy is now on the Wicked Local Burlington website. I was happy with the first comment: http://www.wickedlocal.com/burlington/news/x125179354.

The election is nine days away. My goal is to hit 600 homes. This is the most rewarding part of the campaign. Even though I prefer to talk to people in person, I’m excited anytime a voter calls or emails me…. So keep the emails and phone calls coming.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, My name is Fran Parker and I have heard some very good things about your plans for Burlington. I am interested in your opinion about the opening of Church Lane (which is now closed between 7 and 9AM). I have spoken to several people in the police department and they all feel it should be opened. I was told that a selectman lives in the area and he doesn't want it open and so it isn't. Years ago there were no sidewalks so it was understandable. For several years there have been sidewalks on both sides of the street. When they were put in the road was supposed to be opened. I would like to know your feelings and what you would do if elected. Thank you.
    (park30@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran, I appreciate you reaching out to me. I will check it out with the safety officer on Wednesday. If he gives me the green light to remove it I will pursue it.

    thanks,
    Danny

    ReplyDelete